sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

exercise 3 7 can you say that

amylia michelle

whenever i pick [new] [dopesheet], and i type "i've got a secret. can you keep a secret? didn't think so", a window comes up that reads: dictionary modified or index file missing. recreat index file. ok. so i click ok since that is the only option. then a window pops open that reads: locate file:/application/animation master 12.0/index.i and it gives you opeians to enable I files (*.i) but first of all i have no idea what to choose. hash 2006 is an option because my only other options are my hard drive, network, or users. in the hash2006 no matter what i click on i can't open anything and i can't find the dictionary, or indes files, or dictionary index files or whatever i am supposed to find to make this exercise work so i finally give up and choose cancel so then another window opensthat reads : trouble opening dictionary index file! and i choose ok. another window opens up that reads dictionary modified or iindex file missing. recreating index file and i choosed ok. then another window opens that reads trouble opening dictionary index file and i click ok. it goes back to the window that reads dictionary modified or index file missing. recreating index file. so i click ok again. so then the window trouble opeing dictionary index file again so i click ok and then it just keeps opening the same windows and there is no choice but to click ok and since you can't do anything else but keep clicking ok i have to force quit the program to even get out of this and reopen the program and start completely over but it always ends with this same result so so far i have gotten nowhere fast....what do i do to remedy this? thanks amylia

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Amylia,

I sure hope you took a breath somewhere in there while you were typing...

In other words its really hard to read a paragraph like that. Split it up a little okay? Let your words breath. Thanks! :D

There is a file 'dictionary.dic' that A:M uses to set the phonemes for your words.

You can find it on your A:M CD and copy it to your Hash Inc folder (or point that dialogue you mentioned to it) if there isn't one there already.

I see a copy of the 'dictionary.dic' file in \Setup\Windows\ on the A:M CD.

I have no idea what a '.i' file might be.*

Rodney

*Al knows and did an excellent job of explaining it in his post below. Thanks Al!

The Dictionary.dic file is just that, a phonetic dictionary of words that tells Animation:Master which phonemes to use. I am not entirely sure what the Index.i file is. My guess is it helps A:M find the words quicker in the dictionary file.

The Dictionary.dic file should have been copied to the directory where you installed Animation:Master. The Index.i file gets created the first time that you use the Dope Sheet.

1) Check to see if the Dictionary.dic file exists in the directory or folder where you installed Animation:Master.

2) If it does not exist there, then you can copy the file from your install CD.

3) Check to make sure that the date on the file is a valid date. When I first installed A:M, for some strange reason, the date of the file was something totally weird (e.g. instead of 2007-02-18, it was something like 20193753). Whenever I tried to use the Dope Sheet, it would continually say something about the Dictionary.dic and Index.i file not being there. To remedy this, I opened the Dictionary.dic file in Notepad (I use Windows), and then saved the file, which put the correct date format on the file. Things were fine afterwards.

Both Dictionary.dic and Index.i are both ASCII text files, and can be opened, viewed and saved with a standard text editor like Notepad.

Hope this helps...

Al