Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Robot without a Cause

J Man

Hey guys. This model is very reminiscent of Thom and the ball-with-legs model used in so many boot camps in A:M. I know he's not much, but even the smallest step is good if it's in the right direction. Please feel free to critique in any way. I have attached one of him in standard pose, and one in a more actiony pose, and one of the purely mechanical bone rig (no CP weights, fan bones, or smartskins.) I am contemplating replacing it with the 2001 rig, for the simple reason of the hips null target.

Thanks for reading!

Peace.

J Man

bones.bmp

pose.bmp

skin.bmp

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Michael. I don't have a definite project for which he was created; basically, I wanted to make a model that could get me started, but I figure I could use him for the first good project idea that comes to me. Right now I'm tryinh to refine the details (I am trying to install the 2001 rig) and I will eventually try to create my own walk, gesture, and basically any other simple actions I can think of. If nothing else, I'd at least like him to be thorough. I'm sure you've realized he doesn't have any textures on him, and the colors are really basic, but he is just supposed to be a model I can call my own that can work and be without having to deal with the horrors of smartskins and CP weights. I appreciate the comments!

J Man

Hi Michael. I don't have a definite project for which he was created; basically, I wanted to make a model that could get me started, but I figure I could use him for the first good project idea that comes to me. Right now I'm tryinh to refine the details (I am trying to install the 2001 rig) and I will eventually try to create my own walk, gesture, and basically any other simple actions I can think of. If nothing else, I'd at least like him to be thorough. I'm sure you've realized he doesn't have any textures on him, and the colors are really basic, but he is just supposed to be a model I can call my own that can work and be without having to deal with the horrors of smartskins and CP weights. I appreciate the comments!

J Man

Hey J Man -

As I said, you have an excellent base to go from - the skies the limit on this. Mighty Morphin' Teenage Mutant Ultraman! :P.

- Michael