Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do I load a BVH file into Animation master?

seduar

Can someone tell me how do I Load a BVH file into A. M. I BVh files I Know there is BVH files that are reuseable.

And since I just started to use this program I have not be able to import a BVH file to see if it works with a 3D Character.

IF Somebuddy can explain a little bit how to do it I woud apreciate it.

:unsure:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me how do I Load a BVH file into A. M. I BVh files I Know there is BVH files that are reuseable.

And since I just started to use this program I have not be able to import a BVH file to see if it works with a 3D Character.

IF Somebuddy can explain a little bit how to do it I woud apreciate it.

:unsure:

A good tutorial: http://www.zandoria.com/motioncapture.htm

:)

Thanks for the info.

But I already went through that tutoriol and I could not understand, It is not well explain.

May be It is just me that I am not ready to understand the A.M lenguage.

I was hoping that someone else had made a different tutoriol more explanatory.

I spent to much time trying to figure out how to load a BVH file into A.M.

And If you succed on working with BVH files could you please give me a tip on how to import them into A.M.

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.

:)

This is possible, and has been done many times. Do a search of the forum for "BVH" and you will find several threads. I found one of my own old threads with a sample project and description. You might start there:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12152

Lots of people have played with mocap in A:M, not many have done more than that, so mostly you'll have to figure it out for yourself. Good luck, have fun, and let us see what you come up with.

Ben

I'll try to 'sum it up' in a nutshell for you:

Basicly, make a new action, with the character you want(rigged), right click on the new action and select NEW/Motion Capture Device/Biovision BVH file. Then, right click on the newly-made BVH within the action and select 'capture sequence'. You will now have the BVH's skeleton within your action, and by scrolling, you can see it's motion. You will want to scale the BVH to your character, so grab it's main bone and scale and position it to fit. Now, you will want to constrain your character's rig to it. This is all done using 'transform to' and 'orient like' constraints. So, on frame one, select your characters right foot bone...and choose new constraint...transform to...and select the BVH's right foot as the target. Do it again with an 'orient like'...at this point you will notice that you will need to make some 'adjustments'...perhaps the BVH's roll handle was not pointed the same way as yours was, you cant adjust the BVH but you CAN adjust yours, and while you are at it adjust it's placement in XYZ space to the BVH's foot-bone placement. You now have the foot done. Do the same to:

2 feet

2 hands

head

pelvis

torso

I use TSM2 rig and also turn ON the knee controllers and give them an 'aim at' constraint to the BVH's leg bone. I also find that things go better by using 'forward kinematics' instead of inverse on the arms and legs.

Some BVH's work better than others, some don't work too well at all. A nice thing is that once you have one working you can 'Save As' and then import ANOTHER action and not have to do all the constraints. ADJUSTMENTS are the name of the game, and many need to be done down the timeline to keep feet on the floor and arms from passing thru torso's etc. The BVH contains manymany keyframes on each frame for each bone, and they are easily editable, so if you see a 'pop' in a bone's action you can go in and remove those particular keys quite easily in A:M.

Good luck- I hope this 'Reader's Digest' version is of some help in getting some Hasher's onto the BVH bandwagon, now if only one of us had access to a working motion-capture rig, instead of all these 'borrowed' BVH files. Many FREE BVH's can be found at freeBVH.com , and Mr.Bones offers particular BVH packages thru mrbones.com

Thank you John and Bendy.

That was very helpful, I will try to redo it allover again and see what I can find.

I just but Animation Master a few months ago and I am trying to learn. I hope someday I can animate like you guys. I have seen some of the minimovies created here in this forum. They are good.

Thanks again, I apreciete your help.

:D