Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lighting a white room

Hi,

I'm in the middle of an animation project for a friend. This is an intro movie for his ministry. The camera flies past all the names of the countries he is ministrering in then into a room with some sort of logo. I have the walls as white as I'm going for avery clean modern look. This is my first go at this sort of thing and I was wanting to see if there was any ideas out there for lighting a white room like this one. So far I've got the names walls more or less where I want them. I started adding some lights but couldn't really get a good realistic feel to the image.

I've attached the project file. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

-Bruce

world_revival_ministries.prj

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the Panama and Hungary names are too close together. There was no flyby animation, but when I made one I had to work really hard inorder to read them as I flew by, so much so I almost missed scotland.

As far as lighting goes, set Global Ambiance to 50%, make sure that your camera has white for a background, and add lights in the middle of every area (any place where the main wall geometry could fit a block into). The lights should be bulbs. Set their Intensity to 80% with a falloff large enough to encompass the entire four wall section around it. Make sure that the lights don't cast shadows; I went through the scene and the shadows just made the animation look a little strange.

By the way, you've got the Costa Rica model out of view.

I made a little animation of your thing. Are you really considering doing an animation in that high of resolution? I think you can get away with a lot lower resolution.

FlyBy.mov

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. That is really helpful. I will probably do a low res for a website and a high quality one for video. I hadn't got around to animating the flight path and camera angles yet, but thanks. Would you mind sending me the project file so I can see where you placed the lights. Thanks man!