sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cloths Project

hoosierinlasvegas

I need help...I'm pretty new to hash and I'm trying to figure out just how to change someone's clothes...for example Tarzan...What if he had a complete loin cloth instead of just a skirt...How do I do it...or make uniforms such as Fantastic Four....How would I go about making those and applying them? Any good tutorials or ideas? your help is appreciated..

thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a general rule, If your new to Hash, your first objective will need to be to learn modelling, as most clothes are actually modelled upon the character as opposed to using a cloth simulator. Once you learn modelling real well, most of your questins will answer themselves. The SimCloth feature is quite new, and considered an advanced tool.

BEST!

As a general rule, most clothing is built into the model.

If you take a look at some of the models provided on the CD or else where, you can see this in wire frame mode in the Modeling window. You will see that beneath the mesh that makes up the clothing, there is no body surface mesh. Only the exposed areas of the body are actually modeled.

This is not to say that you can not model a complete body and add a mesh for clothing over it. the Difficulty level just increases, because now you have to either constrain the clothing to the underlying body mesh or use the Cloth Material (Cloth and Deflector) to prevent the body mesh from poking through.

The Cloth feature has changed a lot (in it implementation) over the past few years and is generally thought of as an Advanced feature.

Skin Tight spandex clothing is ussually just a Decal or texture applied directly to the Models mesh, the same as skin colouration, bump maps etc.