Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Some Things to be Asked...

Sonic the Hedgehog

Well, hello, I am interested in buying animation master 2006. But there are a few things I wanted to know about it before I get it if anyone can help me... Well, the things are...

1: Can AM 2006 import 3d files? Such as: .mdl, .3ds, .psd, .an8, .3cn, .3th, .bsp, or .spr files? Just wondering.

2: What kind of sound files can you import? .wav, .mp3, or .midi files?

3: Would it run fine on my computer?

4: Can you adjust the frames per second and if you can('t), what is it (What settings are there)?

5: And finally, are there any good websites for finding random models and props and such for your movies?

Thanks for your help, that first one is the one I'm most worried about. :unsure:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

1: Can AM 2006 import 3d files? Such as: .mdl, .3ds, .psd, .an8, .3cn, .3th, .bsp, or .spr files? Just wondering.

There are free 3rd party plugins for OBJ and 3DS i know. Some other formats may be possible by intermediate programs. Some of the game makers here could tell you better than I.

However, good looking polygonal models in such formats tend to have very dense meshes and much editing would be needed after you import them to turn them into good spline models.

It is not a direct 1:1 conversion as say, OBJ to 3DS might be.

Also very large polygonal models may not import at all.

Modeling in A:M is not hard once you understand the strategy.

2: What kind of sound files can you import? .wav, .mp3, or .midi files?
wav for sure. midi no

4: Can you adjust the frames per second and if you can('t), what is it (What settings are there)?
you can set the project fps to any whole number. one second will always play in one second, but you can set how many frames make up one second. 24 is typical.