Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

finally, my face.

urthmaan

hello all. i just wanted to show picts of a face i did by lathing a sphere and extruding where i felt was needed first, then i added the mouth and eye sockets later. i know this isnt common practice, but i just wanted to see if it could be done, i also have a wireframe if anyone is interested. any and all critiques and feedback is appreciated. thanks.

post-7208-1158594762_thumb.jpg

post-7208-1158594776_thumb.jpg

post-7208-1158594792_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello Ken. here are some views with wireframes, please feel free to pick apart and let me know where i could have issues. also while i thinking about the point you made, what exactly defines "animation splinage", and are there rules concerning such? thanks again.

post-7208-1158608417_thumb.jpg

post-7208-1158608435_thumb.jpg

post-7208-1158608448_thumb.jpg

Well, it's just that the characters' skin needs to crease so it'll do that at the splines. It's just a matter of using rings to define the mouth and eyes. I can't get the images bigger, but you might have a few problems if you want to animate him. Probably need another ring around both the eyes and mouth.

Dear urthmaan,

The topic said “finally, ‘my’ face”. I assumed you were trying to model your own face… had me scared for a second!

I wip up a lot of these for lowres stand-ins. Definitely not ideal for animating the face but handy just the same.

Cheers,

Rusty