Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Missing Project File

DirectorDave

I just completed the "Giraffe" chapter of the book, accidentally got rid of the project (Model) window -- and now I can't find it!

Yes, this project was saved -- I've restarted -- I even went back to 'reset controls', but to no luck. I can open up any other project and I get its corresponding window (in this case, the "Model" window), but just not the one I spend the last five hours working on.

Another interesting thing...when I choose to open another project A:M asks if I want to save my job, "Giraffe" -- so I know it's there, just no window.

So what stupid, silly thing am I not doing? I swear I've pushed every button more than once now trying to get my cool giraffe back on the window so impress my three year old daughter (my one year old wouldn't be that impressed).

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what stupid, silly thing am I not doing?

Try opening up the "project workspace" window (ALT+1) and double click on your model under "objects"

Tried that (I'm on a Mac, so I'm looking at 'Control 0' right?), and still nothing. There is something called 'model1' under objects, but it's blank.

• Hash Fellow

If worse came to worse you could always save your project, which we presume to contain the model (unless it's not embedded), and then extract the model portion in a text editor and paste it into a blank model file and reload that.

Not easy to explain, so I'll let someone else try ;)

If worse came to worse you could always save your project, which we presume to contain the model (unless it's not embedded), and then extract the model portion in a text editor and paste it into a blank model file and reload that.

Not easy to explain, so I'll let someone else try ;)

The project is saved...but now I'm thinking about that 'embedded' word...hmmmm...I saved it, but I don't recall embedding it. 1) Is that possible? 2) What now?

• Hash Fellow

If you just did the tut and saved a .prj then the model is probably embedded inthe project.

If you actually went thru the op of saving the model as a separate file then it's not embedded. but then you'd have a .mdl file somewhere on your dirve that you could load independently of the project.

if you "Windows>close all" the windows in A:M and then double click on your model under "objects", what happens?