Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Error message

I've been modeling a face using the Cooper face tutorial (which has been very helpful, by the way) over the last few days, however, for some reason my project file won't open today. A:M starts up as always, but right in the middle of loading the project, an error box reading "Error in model file, spline attachement. anchor= 1439 cp= 1318 Atempting to continue." (I didn't misspell those works, A:M actually did :) ) appears. I click OK but suddenly the program crashes. Anyone know of any means to save a model file embedded in the project file so I can save my work, or at least part of it? Thanks a ton!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been modeling a face using the Cooper face tutorial (which has been very helpful, by the way) over the last few days, however, for some reason my project file won't open today. A:M starts up as always, but right in the middle of loading the project, an error box reading "Error in model file, spline attachement. anchor= 1439 cp= 1318 Atempting to continue." (I didn't misspell those works, A:M actually did :) ) appears. I click OK but suddenly the program crashes. Anyone know of any means to save a model file embedded in the project file so I can save my work, or at least part of it? Thanks a ton!

So you know the CP, hm?

First: Make a copy of your prj-file as a savety when something wents wrong...

Second: Use Notepad and open the prj-file in it... do a search for 1318 and look if you can locate the spline and the anchor...

Delete them both out of the file and save the prj-file (BE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE FILE!)

Try to load the new file into A:M...

Second possibility, but I am sure hash can help you there better than I can... There is a "auto-repair"-feature of A:M, which has to be activated manual in the registery... maybe you should ask one of the Hashers about that... it could help you too...

*Fuchur*

Actually, I had the same problem with a model I was working on yesterday, and futzed with it until I had an easier fix than modding the code.

Every time I opened it there was this one spline intersection that went batty--the two splines' cps were unconnected with one suddenly being translated far from where it should have been. It was easy enough to weld it in place where it was supposed to be, but even if I did further model refinement the problem (same cp, same splines) exhibited the same problems when I reopened the model.

Eventually I deleted the two splines around the suspicious intersection--didn't even have to remove the cps, just disconnected them--and reconnected the cps, making two new splines, and it worked fine. There was apparently just a spline- or cp-level problem that, upon essentially replacing old splines with new, disappeared.

However, I should note that these errors never resulted in A:M crashing, but I restarted between re-openings out of habit, anyway.

So you know the CP, hm?

First: Make a copy of your prj-file as a savety when something wents wrong...

Second: Use Notepad and open the prj-file in it... do a search for 1318 and look if you can locate the spline and the anchor...

Delete them both out of the file and save the prj-file (BE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE FILE!)

Try to load the new file into A:M...

Second possibility, but I am sure hash can help you there better than I can... There is a "auto-repair"-feature of A:M, which has to be activated manual in the registery... maybe you should ask one of the Hashers about that... it could help you too...

*Fuchur*