Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Feathers

I was playing around with feathers and sprite emitters for something I am working on and thought this was pretty sweet. So I am posting it.

I could not get the emitter itself to not render. It is turned off and does not show in the Chor but no matter how I rendered it, it would always be there.

Oh well

Feathers.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not get the emitter itself to not render. It is turned off and does not show in the Chor but no matter how I rendered it, it would always be there.
The visibility control in the chor is a convenience to reduce clutter while you're working in the chor. Have you tried setting the emitter's transparency to 100% in its surface properties?

Gotcha on the Transparency. I didn't put that together.

I did a google and yahoo image search for feathers. I got one image from one and one from the other.

I cleaned them up in Photoshop to make sure that the background was true black for the transparency and saved them out as targas.

I used a sprite emitter using three images (one each of the two I found and one of them rotated 90 degrees to ensure some variance in the rotation beyond the natural variance.)

The rest is merely (and I say this half jokingly since I only just learned how to adjust the advanced emitter properties over time...thanks David) adjusting the opacity and emission rate over time.

It was a nice effect.

Thanks,

Wade