Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Norton AV on Mac - Error Messages

indie

Hi everyone, i'm new to Animation Master but from what i've seen it's a great piece of software.

I'm having a problem and I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem!

Whenever I exit the program I get the following error:

Animation Master 2006

/Applications/Animation Master 13.0/MasterPrefs.ini was not found

I have to click OK about 10 times for it to go away!

I've checked and the MasterPrefs.ini file is definitely there, i've got read+write permissions on it and i've even done a repair permissions on the disc.

I'm running AM 13.0c on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.4.7 (with all updates applied), 2.16Ghz CPU, 2GB RAM and a 100GB HD.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I exit the program I get the following error:

/Applications/Animation Master 13.0/MasterPrefs.ini was not found

I've checked and the MasterPrefs.ini file is definitely there, i've got read+write permissions on it and i've even done a repair permissions on the disc.

I haven't installed V13.0c yet, so this is a random stab in the dark... Compare the spelling of the MasterPrefs.ini filename on disc with the spelling in the dialogue box, and correct it if necessary. Not so long ago I came across a similar message (not sure if it was A:M or not) and the the file differed in that it used a different mix of upper and lower case characters.

I haven't installed V13.0c yet, so this is a random stab in the dark... Compare the spelling of the MasterPrefs.ini filename on disc with the spelling in the dialogue box, and correct it if necessary. Not so long ago I came across a similar message (not sure if it was A:M or not) and the the file differed in that it used a different mix of upper and lower case characters.

I doube checked the filename spelling and it's definitely the same, even the capitalisation!

Any other ideas?

I just installed it too and it comes up with the same thing how do I stop it?

I wish I would of seen this issue before I got NAV. I had to diable Aoto Protect for it to go away, I know it's not a very good fix, but it works and it defeats the purpose of having a virus checker.

EDIT:

I just found that you can disable auto proect for the directory, which seemed to work, and keep the purpose of having NAV intact. I hope this helps in your case. Just goto NAV preferences and Choose Auto-Proetc tab slick the button that has says Open Auto Protect Preferences. In there you can select the directories not to use Auto Protect on.