Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trying to assemble my dragon, but I have a dilemma:

• *A:M User*

During the creation of this beast, I did something that I do with other 3d programs.....I split the thing into separate projects, so each body part ( mostly) has a separate project file. Its just easier for me to work this way.

However, I have come to the point where I want to start bringing these parts into the same project file, but I cannot seem to find a way to save the model out as a .mdl file from within the project----although there seems to be an option to import them from the File menu.

So, if someone could give me the Saving and Importing .mdl files for Dummies version, I will post a picture of my dragon as he exists so far.

I am sure its something obvious that I am missing, but I checked all the menu choices and I can't seem to find it. I don't think Consolidate Project is quite what I am looking for.

Thanks

Roger

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the PWS window (project work space) right click (ctrl click on mac?)on the completed/assembled model... save as.

To import a model into a project... start your (existing or new) project

upper left corner

file

open

model

• *A:M User*

In the PWS window (project work space) right click (ctrl click on mac?)on the completed/assembled model... save as.

To import a model into a project... start your (existing or new) project

upper left corner

file

open

model

Thanks......I'll give that a go. Should work fine. Appreciate the help.

Roger

If you have seperate models or projects containing the different parts you need to save the models from within the project workspace by right clicking the model in the pws and save as. After doing so with all the models you wish to bring together you can start a new project and open all the models from within the new project and then start a new model leaving it empty. Then copy all the parts by selecting them in the seperate models one part at a time and pasting them into the new model. I believe this is what you are trying to do, hope it helps.