sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rendering cookie cutters as toons?

Hey, guys--

I'm trying out A:M for a logo design that has decaled typewriter keys followed by 2-D panels with type set up to be cookie-cutter panels. It all renders fine as a standard rendering, but I was hoping to get a toon line version as well.

The problem is, when I render it as toon lines, the "panels" holding the cookie-cutter type render only as rhomboid panels, and the decaling and cookie cutting render not at all. Furthermore, the decals don't render.

I figger I could get around this by recoloring everything white (the bg color) and rendering it with flat shading, so the labels show up, but I was wondering if there is a way to get toon line rendering to show decals without having to recolor everything. Yes, yes?

Thanks!

Mark

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is a known bug that Yves is working on. Submit it again, though, if you want it given more priority...

Otherwise, you're stuck rendering the toon lines in v10.5, which didn't suffer from this bug.

Cool, thanks. Since I'm rendering a still model, and not an animation, I've found a not-too-inconvenient workaround by rendering the toon lines pass for shape, a sharply lit normally-rendered one for decals, and then combining the two in Photoshop, lifting the details from the normal and slapping them on the toon line image.

In the meantime I'll hang tight until said bug is ironed out.

I believe this is a known bug that Yves is working on. Submit it again, though, if you want it given more priority...

Otherwise, you're stuck rendering the toon lines in v10.5, which didn't suffer from this bug.