Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

battlestar galactica ships

bcprce

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quick conversion of a colonial viper into A:M format. I did not spend time rebuilding it but it would work well as a 3D roto. It is made of fairly easy components that could be remodeled and placed together using this model as a blueprint if you wanted to put in the effort.

bgam7gk.jpg

Anyone else looking for an exchange of free models just send me a message.

Thanks Chris (RViewer) for helping this new customer. Could you should show him where you found that Battlestar Galactica model so that he can get some more, and explain to him that polygon models can be used as "Props" in A:M by opening them in the Choreography, (not the Modeler because then they will convert to splines).

Martin Posted:

Thanks Chris (RViewer) for helping this new customer. Could you should show him where you found that Battlestar Galactica model so that he can get some more, and explain to him that polygon models can be used as "Props" in A:M by opening them in the Choreography, (not the Modeler because then they will convert to splines).

Well it seems to me you just did Martin :D

This is not a prop it is a spline model. As I have said many times I do not use props. I rarely use the Choreography and the above pic came straight from the A:M modeling window.

Thanks for your attention on this issue and let me know more if there is a problem about what I choose to share.

Martin Posted:

Well it seems to me you just did Martin :D

I know, but I wanted you to get the credit for helping - not me. Thanks.

A:M will import 3DS models as 'props' into your 'Objects' folder. Simply right-click (command-click on the MAC) and select 'Import->Prop', then go find your model file.

It's that easy. :D

NOTE: Props can't be edited in A:M, only moved around.

But really, with simple models like this especially in A:M, you are not "far from building" your own models...

Look at the TAO A:M booklet that came with the software... there is a tutorial in there on how to build a fighter plane... and there is a video of it >. About the middle of the page (exercise #10)

Now, the Zip file is 93 MB, so you might want to let your pc download it over night... or download the smaller chapters and work on it a little at a time... It's not as hard as you might think! And real planes tend to be "curvier" than "space ships" so real planes are harder to build...

Have fun... and give it a shot!