Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Motion Path Assistance

Steven547

Morning everyone.

Ok, i'm going thru the tutorials (again and again!). I'm trying to have my character walk a path, then wave. However, I can't seem to have my character mimic what the tutorial does. My character walks, then "glides" for a bit, then waves. What am I missing? I thought I followed the tutorial, but maybe I keep missing something?

Thanks.

Steven

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the properties window for your short cut to choreography, make sure the animation setting is set to "blend" and not replace.

If I remember correctly, that lesson has you add a wave to the normal walk cycle.

what you are bascally doing is blending the arm swing with the new "wave" action.

I'm only assuming here so if I'm wrong I appologize but

because in the wave, only the movements of the arm are keyed, no other keys are set. In other words no feet or leg movement keys are animated.

If you have the default "replace" option set, it replaces the animation with the wave which (again I'm assuming here) wipes out the walk cycle and that's what causes the "glide" effect (hands out like an airplane).

With the "blend" option set, it tells the program to add (or blend) the animation in with the current keys.

Another thing that can cause the glide is if your ease isn't set correctly.

I'm still kinda new so anyone els who posts, please correct me if I'm wrong about this but this is what I think may be your problem.

Jeetman

Morning everyone.

Ok, i'm going thru the tutorials (again and again!). I'm trying to have my character walk a path, then wave. However, I can't seem to have my character mimic what the tutorial does. My character walks, then "glides" for a bit, then waves. What am I missing? I thought I followed the tutorial, but maybe I keep missing something?

Thanks.

Steven

Hey Steven

just a thought about the gliding part ...i think alot of it comes down to the cycle lenght of your action and Chor

for this exercise it was for 15 sec ( remimber to set that in the Choreography properties and action properties )

hope that helped

Steve

post-4806-1148053658_thumb.jpg