Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Adding Text to a sign

Galtrol

First off, I'm using A:M 2002 so this might be a non issue for a more recent release. I plan to upgrade eventually. I'm sure my methods are a bit roundabout, but since I'm currently lacking a decent graphics editing program at the moment, this is how I went about it.

1: Using MS Word 2003, I typed out the text, and formatted it as desired. (Center, italics, etc)

2: "Printed" out to "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" to produce a TIF file.

However, A:M 2002 does not like the TIF file generated this way, so I continue to the next step.

3: I used Paint to convert the TIF file to JPG. Letters look solid and the way I like it.

4: JPG loads in A:M images fine.

However, I try and apply the image as a decal, it comes up either very spotty, or blank.

Maybe I screwed up a setting all wrong or something. What kind of surface settings do I need?

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You might try a targa (.tga) file instead of jpegs. These are the only two types am2002 will take.

Also, is it rendering ok or is that bad too?

At the moment, I don't have a program that can produce a targa file. I guess I'll have to change that.