Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help!!! V. 12 (Yeti) is crashing

Nycer

I have been using V. 12 for while with no problems. All of sudden today, the program loads, but immediately crashes almost like it is timed to stop working. I have V. 11.1 and that works fine. I have the Yeti disk. I uninstalled V. 12 completely and then reinstalled -- same thing.

As an aside, I tried to install V. 13 about two months ago, but could not get it to work -- it did the exact same thing. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? If I hold down shift so nothing loads with the program, it stays up for slightly longer, but will crash if I try to do anything. I'm in the middle of a project that I need to get done, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a clean reinstall... use add remove programs in Windows first... then run regedit.... full instructions are in the FAQ (in leaning A:M on the forums about the 5th post down. You'll have to load AM all over again... but that should get you going... make certain your project and models are saved OUTSIDE of the Hash Inc directory and sub-directories....

Here's the link to the FAQ:Clean reinstall link

This probably has nothing to do with your particular problem, but older plugins can make AM crash very quickly. How far do you get as far as opening AM before it crashes? Is it always the same project that makes it crash? It could be a corrupt file. Just throwing out some ideas.

Eureka!!!! I post my solution in the event anyone else has the same problem. I went into MSconfig and removed everything that loaded on startup, rebooted. V. 12 works. Yippee!! I'm going to have to do some tests to see what startup program was causing the problem, but at least I've got it running.

Thanks all for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem and, thanks to this post, was able to resolve it.

In my case the culprit was a program called CTHELPER.EXE, part of Creative Technology's Audigy software. After I found that out I thought it was significant that, for me, A:M would crash to the desktop just before the opening tips window opened and tried to play that bell sound that it makes.

From what I can tell, CTHELPER does things I don't need it to do so I used msconfig to turn it off. Haven't had any trouble starting A:M since. :)