sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

orthographic camera

smbaker

Hello,

I'm trying to do an orthographic projection in choreography mode, but I can't figure out how to configure the camera. I don't see any options on the camera settings to do this. Can it be done?

What I trying to do is to create some flat textures to apply to my models. For example, I created a riveted wall model, then I'm going to shoot it in choreography mode to generate a rivet-wall texture that I can apply to my other models. So far, using the default camera options I'm getting some stretching of my model toward the outer edges, and I'm hoping an ortho projection would correct this.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know a way to do exactly what you're trying to do, but I tried thinking what I'd do if I was a real-world photographer and wanted to do the same thing. Basically, I'd throw on a telephoto lens and back up a long ways. In a virtual world, that's easier and cheaper. Set your lens focal length to something really large (like 2000) and back the camera a few hundred feet.

Actually, I figured out how to do it (it really helps to actually read the reference manual every now and then!). The "shortcut" to the camera in the choreography does not have a type setting, but if you actually go to the camera object itself (listed under objects), then you can edit the camera and toggle the type between perspective and orthographic.

Select the camera in your Object folder. Then you'll see a Perpective/Ortho setting in your Propertie Panel.

It won't show if you select the shortcut to Camera in your Choreography folder

EDIT:

Cool!