Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Old Electric Typewriter

I've been working on this for a few days in spare moments. Thanks to Agep for his help with the modeling.

Here's a wire and render screenshot

[attachmentid=14224]

Here's a closeup in panavision resolution (cropped)

[attachmentid=14225]

I've had some difficulty with decaling >> look here

Right now I have a bit too much specularity in the keys but it is a "new" typewriter, and I haven't aged it yet. Other critiques appreciated... though I am just beginning on this, so I know quite a bit more needs to be done... and help on the decaling issues at the link above would be helpful too.

keyboard.jpg

board.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks trajce,

(I still want to call you doctor!... but, I know you're not)

I think I can keep using all the decals... Helimox did have to decal his helicopter dash in much the same way.. only more so! So, i should be okay.

I had a grandfather who owned a typewritter repair shop. He had some from the 30's that were just the coolest thing. Anywho. From what i saw there, typewritters get worn out around where the fingers normaly lay. With the most amount of wear on the f and j keys. You should make those almost completly chiped away. And as for specularity: the most used keys are the shiniest with the smoothest surface. The other keys are semi shiny, but have a tiny bumpy surface. Well, i hope i've been of help. Are you planning on using it for anythign special?

Dan, it's an integral part of a larger work... the fedora I modeled will be a small part of that work as well. I'm a loooong ways off from finishing...

I've only just begun. The typewriter, though, is center stage; and must be useable in close up...

Thanks for the tips on the aging.... I'm making a new one first and will add the age as soon as the mechanical is done.

Here's an update, in panavision, extreme closeup of keyboard. The dustplate has been tilted to the correct angle, and the bottoms of the keys now go thru the plate.

[attachmentid=14255]

kb_set.jpg