sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Grid Lines

Dhar

Is there an option where the grid lines would match the ruler markings? Like if it's inches then I expect each grid line to line up with the inch marking?

[attachmentid=12779]

Better pic

[attachmentid=12780]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I have the units of measure set to feet, the grid matches the ruler exactly if I set the grid spacing to 1" in 12.0q. You could try setting the units of measure to inches and set the grid spacing to 1".

A grid spacing of 0.16' is definitely not going to match every inch on the ruler.

(Was this a late night session? I know it's time to go to bed when I to hit "Cancel" instead of "OK" after changing application or system variables and then can't figure out why nothing's changed.) :rolleyes:

Curtis

Maybe a little known fact but if you open the options and change the units and the grid settings at the same time, the grid setting won't work. It will default the grid setting to whatever it was before.

In other words, if you were in CM and the grid was set to xCM, if you change the units to inches and the setting to 12, once you hit okay, only the units will change. The setting will change to whatever xCM would be in inches.

I always have to change the units, hit okay, and then go back into options to change the actual grid setting.

Wade