Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

3D caricature of Demon Kogure

Hi Fellow A:M users,

I have another model I'm working on, which is based on a real life guy. A few months ago, I found out about this Kiss-Like Japanese Metal/Rock band called Seikima-II (Disbanded 1999). I really liked the band and descided to do a 3D model on lead singer Demon Kogure.

here are some images. I have to work on the hair later. His hair is suppose to be spikey. I was thinking of using hair particles, but found it too difficult to control. I'm going to try to texture the hair instead.

The armor still needs work.

[attachmentid=9736]

[attachmentid=9738] [attachmentid=9739]

Cheers,

Rebecca

post-1230-1128434782_thumb.jpg

post-1230-1128434986_thumb.jpg

post-1230-1128435200_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank You very much. Here's the Wireframe closeups of the head.

[attachmentid=9801]

The profile sketch you see in the first post is based on the compilation of pictures of Demon Kogure from the CD Album covers and DVD concert. I couldn't find one picture of him without his makeup off, so I used my own judgement to capture his facial features as close as possible.

post-1230-1128521866_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how to create good looking hair through bitmap texturing. I was reading an article about Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children in the 3D World Issue 69 (The art of anime). The hair of Cloud was done very well.

I know that Square Enix used hair particle systems in the movie, but there has to be a way of modeling the hair and making it look good.

Demon Kogure's hair is suppose to be sticking up, but I want to make it look fluid. I've tried the hair particles, but it was too difficult for me to control, PLUS I don't want to wait a long time for it to render.

I welcome any suggestions that you currently have.

Thank You in advance,

Rebecca

what is ususally don in place of particle hair is creating thin strips of patches that are later placed on your character's head in an action/pose. The strips themselves are just mapped with cookie-cut textures f hair strands. However, this method is normally used for long , straight hair. I dont see how that would work out of this particular model but you're welcome to try it The other option, which is far less realistic, is 'helmet hair', where you take basic shapes an slap on a hair texture. I recommen you give particle hair another go, because the render times are really not that high (with high density an a 1000+ patch model a render was about 1 minute per frame, on a celeron 800MHz pc ) also, for more responsiveness you might lower the display settings in the hair's properties (i.e. switch it wireframe an about 20% display density) .WHEW. that was a lot of writing, lol. Well, hope this helps!