Animation test

Avi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How cute! I love it - I remember the poster - so I'm glad to see you're continuing with this project.

He looks like he's preparing to write something after jumping into position.

So far only thing I would say is possibly tone the blue down - it looks like it might be the color RGB=0,0,256 - add some values to the red & green components - like 10 or more maybe? I'm forever using colors that have 0 values in 1 or more components - so I'm trying to get out of that habit.

Thanks guys, as for the crayon looking like a garden hose, I don't know about that, but I like how he squashs. Although I was curious if you guys could read his emotion (sad) which is what the walk was, a sad walk, well that's what I was trying to achive. Also what's a fan bone? Anyhow thanks again. (Nancy - I'm accually redoing the poster cause I fixed up some models it'll look mostly the same, but, you'll see)

Fan bones are intermediate bones that can help to blend between two hinged bones. They're often used on shoulders and hips. Here's an example using an elbow:

http://free.hostdepartment.com/s/sonofpat/Elbows.html

See also CP Weights, which might be better suited for your crayon:

http://www.hash.com/am2004/Modeling/CP%20Weights/index.htm

Avi - I like how he squashes too - I thought the irregularity gave him character.

But I did not read him as sad.. the hop was too energetic - I would more imagine a sluggish side to side dragging movement, where one could almost make out "feet pods" on the bottom part of the crayon (not additional appendages) - as in how a "cereal box" would walk - (a picture would be better).