Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Human head

Hello chaps,

It just struck me that it's been almost 2 or 3 months since I last posted any work here and that I've mainly been commenting other peoples stuff. However, a new school year means new inspiration, so here goes.

Here's my attempt at a semi-realistic human, male head. The forehead and backhead is still under work, so is his nose and his mouth(I don't like his mouth at all, it doesn't look good):

post-7-1125686954.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course, of course, here it is:

I know there's a lot of spiles, but I like it that way, better to have too many and remove than to have too few, at least that's what I think. And I also noticed some oddities about the cheeckbone, I'll fix that tomorrow.

post-7-1125691222.jpg

Well, you CAN actually do stuff in the winter as well, apart from modeling. :P

Anyway, now that you mention it, he does kinda look a bit like an off-worlder, he actually reminds me of a character I once saw in Star Wars. Hmmm... *idea forming in my head* A jedi? Who knows? This could turn into a lot more than I intended to.

Time for some updating:

I still have some work left on the head, but yet I decided to add some of the body. I've tweaked some body-parts Colin Freeman once so generously gave me access to. I still have some parts I'd like to make less buffed(as the original parts were/are pretty buff-looking). Yet, I want to show, so here 'tis, my alien-like weakling(at least he will be):

post-7-1125864719.jpg

Good job so far Jaqe, it's really coming along well. Your model could benefit from some anatomical refs however. For example, the back of the head is much too prominent and round. I would suggest you tone taht down a bit. About the mouth area, i think you should model in concentric circles to allow for better deformation when animating, you can make the existing layout work but it wont be as easy as with the spline loops around the mouth. Finally, the hands look good but might be a tad small. I.e. if i put my hand up to my face they cover it up to my forehead, on this guy they'll go up to his eyebrows. :D

again, good work

Pancho