sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character

Guest jandals

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks kinda like a biker chick... need more resolution to offer any crit... I do know this... at least she has no spatula in her jeans! :D

And big thanks for linking to the tute... All the books had all these "stamps" in them with all the details for even huge creatures on one graphic and I couldn't figure out why.... Now I UNDERSTAND how convenient that is...

Charlie

Guest jandals

Here are four closer-ups

I'm looking for a way to get the ribs on the purple shirt to be more uniform. Now they're put on by a cylindrical projection map so there's quite a bit of distortion in places. Jim Talbot seems to know how to do it, maybe I should ask.

Some shading and bumps would probably make areas like her ribcage, face and arms look a lot mor detatiled.

post-7-1121401621.jpg

Nice jeans texturing. The fringe looks very nice!

When I gave Schlitzy ansd BlueJeanBaby their cloth texture I used patch images, not a projection map. With patch images, you make a named group of the area you want textured amnd drop a decal onto the named group in the PWS. You will have to rotate some of the patches' images by selecting the patch with the patch select tool (shift-p), right-clicking/control-clicking on the patch and choosing rotate image.

5 point patches don't take patch images as well as 4 pointers. The 5 pointers will have 4 of the patch images arranged inside to fill it.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Guest jandals
You will have to rotate some of the patches' images by selecting the patch with the patch select tool (shift-p), right-clicking/control-clicking on the patch and choosing rotate image.

AH HA!!!! I didn't know how to rotate the images once they were applied to patches.

THe fringe on the jeans is a ring inside the pant leg with a hair emitter. THe strands poke through the surface and taper off at the ends.

Thanks Jim!