sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

volumetric light disorder

Hi,

I'm working on a chor where light passes through a crate but I can't figure out why two lights that have the same properties, and I mean the same in everything, give such different results!

Can anybody solve my clue?

Thanx,

Rago.

post-7-1110966181.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange. It looks like 3 or 4 beams don't have anti-aliasing. You quite sure that all the settings are the same....even the light they're linked to? Also, did you render this on the screen or render to file. I think the former can give variable results.

Also, render with multipass.

The lights are exactly the same, same shaddow map, and as far as the rendering it's a render to file with 3x3 antialiasing, and the crates that the lights pass through are really there, to explain they are not like the buzz chor from toy story, but they are far away from the rims that pass through them!

So there is really no explanation to me, I've decided to use this difference playing on diverse intensity of the lights and falloff, to make the rays fade and look like a real volumetric effect. Have to say that I can't really get to fancy with the light settings because of the render time, the chor is a set for an animation, and so far it's slightly over a minute which is a good time x frame.

Computers are misterious!!!