Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HeadAche

zacktaich

Here's my question. I've been modeling a quick-n-dirty cartoon character, of which I am still working on the head. I've learned from experience and tried to make the character with absolutely no creases. So far I think I've acheived my goal. The problem is that the head seems to change color in the back (due to shadows). If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please tell me.

post-7-1066930896.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is that the head seems to change color in the back (due to shadows). If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please tell me.

Uh... lighting? :unsure:

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Still, he looks good to me; plenty of character, and his mouth reminds me of Aardman Animation.

Zach

(Zachs unite! Even if you do spell it "Zack.") :)

It's your model. If you add an extra spline down the side(easy) or tweak your bias(much harder) you can pull the side into more of a curve and soften the transition into shadow. Or as ZachBG said you can soften the transition through lighting.

Zach

I really want to help you but first off what is your goal with this head ?

I realize the quick-n-dirty cartoon but what do yuo want out of this model in particular ?

you remark about the color change in cho. which is what happens when you move your model there, dont forget you can add lights to make up for the shading and yest even fake out the creases,but I wouldnt do that for your 1st experience with AM I would really try to fix it to your liking.

If you would like me to take a look at it ( no I wont help you unless you want me to ) .

Just dont have headaches your to [bleep] young for that :D

I think the "flat" shadow you're experiencing is from the sharp angle going from the face to the side of the head. JohnArtbox's idea can be done a few ways... mainly, just try to find a way to decrease the transition angle a bit.. That should smooth out the shading a bit.