sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

sorenson codec, quicktime, sound

Tony

Some of you may have noticed my recent post announcing my 1st animation.

The general consensus is that i should render it to quicktime using the sorenson codec.

Please note that if I drop sound in A:M the final product is hosed by artifacts (a chirping sound)

Is there a sorenson type codec that i can download that is free?

Also I need another video editing prog. (free) that can drop sound in b4 quicktime

because my current doenst even see quicktime movies.

Ugh, the sad fact is the animation isn't worth bothering any of you but If i ever make one that is ill want to post in a user friendly way.

Help, Please :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just compiled an animation with sound in AM and it doesn't have any chirps. But I did have to trim a few of the sounds as they had extra waves in them that other players ignored. Maybe that's the problem?

Sorensen is built into AM. Just go to quicktime in the render settings and look in it's settings. In there you'll see at the top a drop down menu and the codec is there. As others have said, it's an excellent codec.

I've just compiled an animation with sound in AM and it doesn't have any chirps. But I did have to trim a few of the sounds as they had extra waves in them that other players ignored. Maybe that's the problem?

My animation has a song that play the length of the clip so in that way it may be different than your reference. I dont think you can drop a whole audio track of any substantial length into a chor without sound artirfacts. I hope Im wrong and its like I am i suppose, I have little to no experience compared to you and most people here.

It's not free but here's my best shot. You can add audio layers in QT pro and then use the codec as it is inherent in QT. Basically render your animation timed to your music. Open the MOV. Put the marker at the beginning insert you sound. Save As with your options selected. It will re-render and poof you're good to go.

I did this for an animation I did using Flash 5...long story why I had to go this route...but I won't hijack your thread.

QT Pro = $30

No software to DL. All you do is pay the money they give you a key and you enter the key to QT and it opens all the options which are already installed just disabled.

J