Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Keekat in the band video

I wanted something different in our band video. There was a piece in the talent show that was not G rated. I wanted to remove it and have fun with it. So, I exported a screen shot, put it in as a rotoscope, added Keekat, and did a voice over (Sound Forge 7 with pitch change).

It took a little to get the render settings to work. No shadow yet, but it is not that important on the floor. Thought I would share.

Attached is a wmv in a zip.

chhskeekat.zip

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like Keekat fits in the scene (except of the lack of shadow).

Not sure what level of skills you have but I think the aniamtion of th ehand is a little slow. Rather than having keekat just appear - have him flash in from one side (big jump or fast run with appropriate follow through) have him a little furhter forward in the scene, have him glance back at what was going on, perhaps animate some embarrassment in his cheeks (expression and colour) then go with the voice/dialogue.

Just some thoughts...

Cheers

Thanks David.

This is my first attempt at a project. I am still working through some of the tutorials and materials and bones are next (another project for another video.) I like your suggestions. I can fix the hand, but I won't have time to add more. But, I had a 'Star Trek' beam out last year, so a fade it will meet expectations. Just adding an animation will exceed what they are expecting ;)

If I had the time and money, the camera tracking software (the Hunter examples) would be good and I could add it over the action. But, I need to try to finish the video by the end of the month and I am at tape 12 of 14 and do not have the rough cut pieced together :) In fact, I keep messing with the models for the next video for the end of the summer and I need to STOP and focus. :)