sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

before rebuilding again

Animus

Hi!

I have this character maybe some have seen in a couple tests i posted. Anyway i put up a fair amount of work in this head ( and i am pretty slow), and made a lot of muscle poses for the face. I made what i think is a common mistake by not so experienced users, the range of my poses don't go extreme enough. I have to go back in the poses and exagerate way way more. I would like comments and crits before digging in again.

Also i would like tricks or advices on making poses with scaling included. I mean by that having the whole jaw area scaled up with an extreme smile, or a very exagerated drop jaw, or one orbit and eye area scaled up when questionning.

I have tried, but got very poor results.

And one last one. I would like to know what you guys choose to do when building a counterpart character. Deform your first character into a new character

that is already posed, or building a totally new model.

I am attaching a frame with a mesh and a couple of renders with not enough extreme expressions

Arthur%20mesh.jpg

Arthur%20expressions.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd say your model is great! If you're having problems with good poses, I'd take a small mirror, look at my face in it (before it cracks ;)) and use those expressions as a reference for making poses in a character. Your second question (creating a counterpart character) all depends on what's best for you. What'd I do would compare differences and similarities between the character ideas..if there are more similarities, I'd build from the already built model, and if there are more differences, I'd either build a new model or work off the pre made model at a minimal amount

Thank you Jamagica!

If you're having problems with good poses, I'd take a small mirror, look at my face in it (before it cracks ) and use those expressions as a reference for making poses in a character.

Well, i did that actually, but my face isn't comic at all (oh well!)

I am not that bothered with the quality of the poses, but i want to be able to introduce much more cartooney expressions.