Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Meet the chicken

Hi, everyone.

I'd really like critiques on this new model for my next short. I'm looking for a somewhat cartoony and simple look suitable for some loose, squashy-stretchy animation. Comments about improving appeal or style would be especially appreciated. I'll probably do some texturing and surface tweaking, but not a whole lot.

Yeah, I know... wireframe. Comin' up next.

Thanks!

post-7-1103664453.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your model. My only question about it is- Do you plan to animate much as far as facial expressions? I ask because the first thing I noticed was the eyes and most of my attention was focused on them. If your action is more aimed at full body stuff, you might want to make the eyes less prominent, but if you plan to show a lot of emotion in the face, it' probably perfect.

Please note that this is just a newbie's opinion. I don't actually know anything :D

Mal

the legs and wings don't have the same texture as the body

Yeah, I'll probably change that. Anyone have tips on "feathery" textures? (I tried a few short-hair experiments, nothing looking very good yet...)

Also, it might help to make the legs connected to the body

I'll probably skip that for this guy, unless it gives me grief animating.

I've been looking for a cartoon chicken model for quite a while. Any chance I could swipe it from you?

Sure thing - I'll contact you privately.

first thing I noticed was the eyes and most of my attention was focused on them

You're right. I copy/pasted them from a different model, and they don't quite fit in yet. I'm not sure if I want to try and integrate them into the head better or what.

Thanks, folks.