Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New character

I just created this head, starting from a lathe and then seeing where it took me. What do you think?

Does it look like it will be fine to animate?

And what does everyone recommend doing to the top of the head? I just took the top hole and scaled it down, is there a smoother way around this?

Also what should I go about doing for eyes?

Thanks,

Jon

cartoon0.tga

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically you have most all of the splinage laid out ok for animation. The mouth area looks like it could use another spline ring around it to control the general lip shape. The biggest problem areas I see are the forehead in the eyebrow area and the neck. If the character has hair then the top of the head can be left open. No one will see it.

The neck will require that you think about the geometry and try to re-flow it for a smooth transition to the other features. Try to keep the spline spaced out fairly even then go ahead and sculpt it on out to represent the final form that you have envisioned.

As an aid for us, sketch the character out on paper, post that and we can help you figure it out easier. It's like a road map. <grins>

More people will see it if you save it as a jpeg or other Browser Friendly Formats.

It looks good! And will animate quite well. I'd advise you to bring the hooks down to the mouth though.

Keep us posted! :)