Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rapier

Take a look. Except for some minor tweaking I believe I am done. <1000 patches and will withstand close and long shots.

Critiques please.

This is done directly off a photo. I rotoscope the base but had to freehand the bulk of the hand gaurd.

Thanks

Wade

post-7-1086566774.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having major WIN XP problems but I got this much done a rendered. I am looking for a Stainless Steel look that I do not have here. The settings I have for Crome are too much for this. I was extrmemely happy with the success of the transparency maps I used for the round gaurd hole detail. This took some trial and error in PS but I think I have that down now.

If anyone knows some good Stainless Steel settings as surface properties I would appreciate the info. I made make the handle look like black leather wrap before I call this one complete. If not then the Stainless settings are all I really need. I will be making a scabbard and holder for it soon.

Comments please,

Wade

post-7-1086747516.jpg

I like it a lot. But I have a question. I'm no expert so I'm not trying to make a point or go anywhere with this, but... Is the hilt proportioned correctly to the blade? I look at it and get the feeling my big hands might wrap around the hilt 2ice before I could get a comfortable hold.

Actually yes it is exactly proportional. THe blade is 38" long with an overall length of 45". These dimensions were taken directly from a Websight that sells them. I also rotoscoped directly off an image of this blade. I will post it.

I am still waiting for some help on a stainless steel material.

Thanks,

Wade

post-7-1086911738.jpg

The stainless steel look is based on reflections. The chrome material should be a good start. However, stainless steel is rougher than chrome. So you will have to use soft reflections to get a good result.