sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Laptop

Ilidrake

So my mom's computer died nd I gave her my laptop, which was a really good system. After looking around I bought an Asus Republic of Games. It's a really nice system for the price. If your looking for an affordable laptop you should really check it out.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my mom's computer died nd I gave her my laptop, which was a really good system. After looking around I bought an Asus Republic of Games. It's a really nice system for the price. If your looking for an affordable laptop you should really check it out.

Which one did you get? In Nov 2010, I got a G73JW-A1, and I've been mostly happy with it. I do a lot of development work on it, and of course A:M. Relatively little gaming.

I got the G74SX. Hardware is an i7 Quad 2.4 with 8 gig of ddr3 RAM. It had two 500 gig hard drives but I swapped one for my 100 gig SSD so boot times and operating system would be quicker. It also has the nvidia 560M with 2 gig RAM. So far I haven't found anything it cant run. And needless to say AM runs smoothly. Gonna do some test renders to see what the times are.

The older one I have has I7-740CM, which is 1.73Ghz (auto overclock) quad core/hyper-threading. Yours is I think another generation beyond that. Mine has GeForce GTX 460M w/ 1.5GB RAM. 8GB DDR3, 2x500 GB drives (SATA II; I replaced the OS drive with an SSD).

I wish all of the USB were USB3 instead of just one, plus I wish the drives were SATA III. Other than that ... pure awesome!