sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do I wrap an image?

yarkool

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell you one way or the other, but I think you will need to provide a little more information.

- you have a video game skin image or you are making one? What format is it?

- you made a video game model in A:M or you have a video game model, from what game engine or what game engine are you wanting to use it in.

- what model file format is the model in?

There are probably more questions, but lets start there.

Can't tell you one way or the other, but I think you will need to provide a little more information.

- you have a video game skin image or you are making one? What format is it?

- you made a video game model in A:M or you have a video game model, from what game engine or what game engine are you wanting to use it in.

- what model file format is the model in?

There are probably more questions, but lets start there.

Archive.zip

This has the (.3ds) model of MasterChief (witch can be imported into A:M) and a (.jpg) of the Skin.

The engine was made by Bungie and converted to mac by Gearsoft(or something) so I don't know.

(YOU DONT HAVE TO CONVERT THEM FOR ME)

I just want to use them in Animation Master to make spoofs but I don't know how to wrap the skin around the model.

Thank You for helpping me!

I downloaded the zip file and imported the .3ds model into Animation:Master. It really didn't import very well. Is there another format of Masterchief available? Something with quads instead of tri's would be better. If not, you would be better off to use the imported .3ds model as a reference and re-create him in A:M. The imported .3ds model won't animate very well without a lot (and I mean a lot) of work cleaning it up.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear...

Anyway, if you do want to proceed with the model, you should be able to use the Skin.jpg file. I would break up the Masterchief model into groups that would match the textures (e.g. chest plate, back plate, etc.). Then you would flatten the group and apply the texture as a decal to the group. You can search the forum for details on flattening and applying textures.

Al