Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TGA to PNG conversion

Postality

Anyone know of anything I can use to convert TGA files to PNG fast like a batch converter that will actually keep the alpha channels?

I've tried a bunch of converters, but they all ignore the alpha and I end up with an image that has a black background instead...

Thanx guys.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about something like Xnview or the like...

I'm not so sure that PNG file format HOLDS an alpha channel... I seem to remember it just has transparency like a Photoshop layer...

Speaking of Photoshop...it will do what you ask as well...you can automate the task using actions. Even Photoshop treats this task with 'special gloves'...instead of just doing a 'SaveAs' or export...you would go under 'help' and then choose 'Export transparent image...' this activates a 'wizard' that asks you questions about what you want...and gives you what you need. (Sample question... Is your art cutout on a transparent layer or is the transparency held in an alpha channel?...)

A:M will do that.

on "Images" in the PWS and pick the first frame of the sequence of TGAs, then on the newly loaded sequence in the PWS and pick "Save Animation As". Click on the "..." and click "Save as type" to pick ".png" then click "ok".