Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Quicktime VR

Sofabutt

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you going to create an object or a panorama? assuming object, you'll need to render one (or more) rotations of the object, and find a tool to make it a qtvr.

here's apples documentation: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Q.../InsideQT_QTVR/

i'd also check out the legacy tools on this page: http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/

don't for get to show us the results!

-jon

I have done this with A:M a few times using Apple's QTVR development kit:

(The link for the VR object is on the right side of the page)

VR camera

Monarch chrysalis

Unfortunately I haven't been able to track down the project file I used for the "object". The camera object is the more complex version since it has X and Y rotation. Basically I followed the directions for Apples QTVR software which I purchased ages ago. I don't even know if it still exists. I set up a choreography with the model object in the center. I then keyed the object/model rotation so each 360 degree rotation on the Y rotated a specific amount on the X to create "rows" as dictated by the QTVR software. I then imported this into QTVR to create the object file.

I set the AM project to 1 fps and all the key frames to linear interpolation. Then I set the key frames so I got the exact number of frames needed for QTVR. You could either save these frames as an image sequence (recommended) or a QT movie. My version of QTVR doesn't support the latest versions of QT so image sequence would be my choice.

I suppose if there are any other tools for doing QTVR it would need a similar set up.

Once you have this setup in an AM choreography it is a simple matter to swap out shortcuts for use with any other model.

QTVR Panoramas are trickier actually. You need to account for camera focal length and distance for distortion etc etc. I only purchased QTVR for the object VR capabilities. I didn't do much with the panorama aspect.

-vern