sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I have always had a doubt about CP selection

Ramón López

...Hi! Well, at least I always have found it a little "weird" and I'm not sure if this is resolved in that way for some reason or even if it could be a bug (although I don't think so cause we were talking about be a very old bug...)

The case is that it seem to happens in any case, Action, Relationship, etc... but let's say you are modeling, ok? You add CP's, and you can see how it appears listed in the "Project Workspace Window" inside the Splines folder, thats right, but then, if I want to select one of they, and I select it in the PWS window it's not selected in the main preview window so there is no way to know which poit I have selected... And the only real method I have found is selecting the point directly in the Main Window and then right click over it to select "Select CP" in the context menu, but it seems too me an unnecesary slow method and even I can't do a multiple PWS CP selection in this way... So? What is the pourpose of can select CP in the PWS window if I feel totally blind doing it? It's simply I can't see the reason cause work with points must be different of work with Bones, which you can select in the both ways in example... I know it's not exactly the same thing cause you can Name the bones as you want, but anyway I think it'd be useful and quick can select points in that way cause that's one of the main reasons for PWS is intended, isn't?

So well, I'd only like to know if I'm totally comfused about this issue or, if not, I should ask for a Feature Request or anything... THANKS! :)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, THANK YOU KenH! Now I know, at least, that I'm not misunderstanding something or seeing a necessity (well, for me at least) where there is not such necessity at all... I think tomorrow I'll add this one to my growing personal A:M Reports list and I'll wait to see what happen... I know really it can be not a priority but it seems to me like something practice that one hope to find working on certain situations, so I'll be crossing my finguers (those that I still have not crossed :rolleyes:) for it... CIAO!