Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to see decals without is alpha channel on views.

leander

Hi, sorry my english.

I have a plane and apply a decal image PNG with an alpha channel to it, like a coockie-cut (the image option is set to coockie-cut).

Render runs fine, the plane is rendered without his alpha channel and ground cast shadows too with the "cast shadows" option on the light.

But.. i want to see the plane with the decal WITHOUT IS ALPHA CHANNEL IN THE VIEW (in model and choreography).

How can do it? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi! I don't think so... I think he has putted the correct settings there but the reason of he can't see the transparet parts of the image in the Viewers could be cause, for some reason, that transparency isn't showed until you change the "Percent" value option (that just bellow "Type" option where you choose "Cookie-Cut"), well... try it if you can, cause at least is that I've observed lately, maybe a little bug, yeah... but I'd prefer doesn't have to Report it yet just in case the hash team be forced to release the v14.0 Beta 10 for it! :D

that transparency isn't showed until you change the "Percent" value option

Percent values are for all the image, including non alpha values.

Type is always set to "coockie cut"

I thing this is a BUG, transparent decal images with ALPHA in 3dviews ONLY WORKS when:

You are in WIREFRAME MODE and after loading a decal image with alpha you change the image type to "coockie cut" BEFORE of APPLY the decal to the object.

Later changes of image type ("color" for example) doesnt work!!! not at leat applying the decal again.

Im using the 14 beta 9 RC4 running in a Core Duo 6600 2.4 2G RAM and 7600GT with Win Xp Professional SP2

Sorry my english.

It sounds like you may just need to close and re-open the window/AM to see the changes. Some screen shots would make up for your english. ;)

Ok, now i changed image type to "cookie-cut" close the model window, double-click in same model, select shaded mode, trying to turn it....

BOOOOOMMM.

post-5696-1184401123_thumb.jpg