Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mirroring a time-range

swooster

I'm trying to do exercise 5, except I'm customizing the animation some. Since I have many keyframes, I'm looking for a convenient way to quickly mirror a range of time without having to cut/paste-mirror each frame, so I can quickly and easily preview the animation after making minor tweaks to it. Does anybody know how to do this? The closest I've come, is that I've figured out how to copy/paste a range of control-points in the timeline window. Thanks for any help!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean the button to the right of the play button? That doesn't do what I need, because the second half of the animation needs to be mirrored along the X-axis. (the animation I've done is a single step forward, and a full cycle is two steps with different feet - the same as exercise 5)

I dont think there is a more convenient way.

There shouldnt be much need to copy/paste/flip every frame unless you have keyed on every single frame(mistake).

When I do a walk, I will usually key on the contact first(that's shown as 00:00 in the exercise) and then on the passing position(shown as 00:15).Then copy/paste/mirror frame 00:00 at 01:00. as the last frame in a half step. I then muck about with the spacing of these to give the desired time for the step, and then add the other inbetweens, the "down"(shown as 00:05 and "up" (00.10) shots.

Following the example in the book gives you keys on 00:00,00:05,00:10,00:15,and 00:20. The key on 00:25 is a mirror of 00:00.

If you view from the side in wireframe mode as you cycle the action at this point, it can give you a good idea of how its going to pan out. Once I'me happy I then copy/paste/mirror the rest of the keys in sequence.

Chris