sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CREATING CHARACTERS

Drusen

Can characters and settings/backdrops be drawn/designed/created in A:M from scratch or is it necessary to create them in another package and then import them into A:M? :unsure:

I ask this because on the Hash, Inc website, mention is made of Photoshop and I wondered if characters, etc, have to be created in this first and then imported into A:M. :unsure:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Animation Master is not just an animation program. Though I can understand why you might think it is. Also, Animation Master is a 3D program. Photoshop is used for making 2D textures. So, you can model, rig, apply textures, animate and render all in AM. Do more research to make sure you know what you're buying.

Hi Drusen -

As Hash A:M is a 3D modeling/rendering/animation program, you cannot draw characters into the program. You essentially "model" them by clicking and creating points and splines (curved and straight lines). You can use a program like Photoshop, Painter, Paint Shop, Pro, etc. to first draw your character(s) so you know what it is you want to model. You then place that drawing into A:M and use it as a reference to model from. If you have already purchased the program, take a look at the tutorials in the Art of Animation Master book - it will better explain this.

- Michael

As Hash A:M is a 3D modeling/rendering/animation program, you cannot draw characters into the program. You essentially "model" them by clicking and creating points and splines (curved and straight lines). You can use a program like Photoshop, Painter, Paint Shop, Pro, etc. to first draw your character(s) so you know what it is you want to model. You then place that drawing into A:M and use it as a reference to model from. If you have already purchased the program, take a look at the tutorials in the Art of Animation Master book - it will better explain this.

- Michael

Thanks for your replies.

If I understand you correctly, you can create characters; but you don't draw them, you sculpture them in A:M by - as you put it - '...clicking and creating points and splines (curved and straight lines).'

I presume that, once you have the basic structure, you can then add colour and texture to it. Am I right?

What about backgrounds, though? How are they created?

Thanks.

The backgrounds are created either in the same way (sculpted 3D objects) or you can use 2D images like photographs or drawings imported from other applications.

You might find this link useful: http://www.pixar.com/howwedoit/index.html

It explains how Pixar makes their 3D films. They use their own proprietary software, but the general idea is similar.

Oh, and yes, you can add color and texture. AM can do pretty much anything you've seen in any 3D animated film. Whether or not YOU personally can do it with AM as your tool is an issue largely having to do with perseverance, talent and ingenuity. That goes for any other 3D program as well, of course.