Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mirror Reflection Light

jmdsbussrv

OK, everyone. I have been on this for days now and can't quite seem to get it right. I've searched the posts so that I am not duplicating a previously discussed post issue, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for.

I want to create a highly polished surface looking like gold, but the only thing that it will be reflecting is the light from a single stage light, no other objects.

I have the surface reflectivity, blend, and filter all set to 100%. I have also tried some polished looking materials. I have tried using the light as klieg, sun, and bulb, different intensities, different positions, but I can't get the light to bounce back into the camera with a slight "flash" look to it.

I am sure that this is something simple in the settings, but this is my first try at reflecting JUST a single stage light so I am at a loss.

Your help is appreciated.

JIM

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflectivity will ony reflect models or images around the reflecting object. Not light. If you want to reflect light, you have two choices. Eiher set the specular size and intensity to simulate reflecting light or build a model of the light and set its ambiance to 100%.