Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

modeling help!!

Solid Snake

hi

i am trying to model a female character and it is going ok but i have got a problem with a part of the model and not sure how to make i look better and smooth i have added a few attached some pics of the model and circled the area with the problem any help would be great

[attachmentid=22069]

[attachmentid=22070]

[attachmentid=22071]

post-10081-1163010965_thumb.jpg

post-10081-1163011036_thumb.jpg

post-10081-1163011069_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Will is right about it just being a glitch. seperating the ctrl point and reattaching

should do it.

But on another note... I don't particularly care for the mesh layout.

I think it's over kill for the shape you are creating and will be problematic during animation.

Did you build that from scratch or did you pull an existing model?

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Looks like you're following the same tutorial as I did, as your mesh is pretty similar to what my female character began as.

Yeah! I agree with Will as well , the first pic shows a bad L shaped join at the bottom right of the blue circle, I had to do loads of them.

The biggest problems I had, was the big five point patch above her backside that didn't want to smooth down and her backside crumpling in when I added the bones, when she put her leg forward. But thats probably down to inexperience on my part, I also found that building the model is a learning experience, you get ideas how to refine your mesh, tweaking it as you go along...

The modelling is looking good, as for the mesh, I can't comment, as I'm still learning...

I bet you can't wait to build the torso...

:D