Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

another blank rotoscope issue

urthmaan

hello all. now ive been researching on my own for the past couple of days since i first noticed ive had this problem, and ive tried all the solutions but im still having no luck. im trying to import a new .jpeg rotoscope, but all i get is a blank square in the modeling screen. i tried one suggestion to switch from "OpenGL" to "Direct 3D", then the whole thing disappears, but i still get a selection box( i even resorted to following one guys suggestion to switch from one to the other, then back again quickly, but that didnt work( no, i didnt try to do the chant yet ). i cant update the video card driver as im doing this on my day-job computer( to clarify, ive been playing with AM2003 on this system for a few months without a glitch, and this is just happening all of a sudden, i havent had issues with rotoscopes before now ). now,... whats even weirder is that the rotoscopes i load all appear in the project window( see image below ). i havent made any changes or upgrades or updates to what i had on here originally, and i havent found any more referrence to this issue for a solid fix in the forum community.

... can somebody,... ANYBODY, please help me with a solution? ill try anything. thanks much in advance for your input.

post-7208-1158858197_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on, but you could be right thinking it could be something with the video card, I just made a new model, imported an image as a rotoscope and it looks OK for me, I'm using V13.0j on WinXp, on a laptop with a not-so-great ATI card, set to Direct-X. In fact, my tip about Control-D doesn't seem to affect whether rotoscopes are drawn, it must just affect decals.

Does this only happen with the rotoscope or any decal in the model window?

If it's just the rotoscope then you could do a workaround that should at least keep your workflow going (while you figure this problem out on the side). Make a square patch, group it and call the group MyRotoscope or something like that. Apply your rotoscope image as a decal to the patch, size it accordingly, then just set it so you can't select it, you can then even control the Transparency of it just using the regular Transparency Surface Attribute of the MyRotoscope group.

-Jim

On some display drivers, if the rotoscope map is of higher resolution than the screen, the map will show all white. You can try applying a lower resolution map first. And once applied, replace the map file with a higher resolution one.

hey Jim.

< Does this only happen with the rotoscope or any decal in the model window?>

... it happens with both rotoscopes and trying to make a decal. im really at a loss cause this is the 1st time that this has happened, and i would like to learn a fix that if this happens again, i would know how to fix it. thanks again for your time.

hey Yves, my rotoscopes resolution is 300x300, my screen resolution is 1024x768. where i am now( my day job ), im not able to lower my rotoscopes resolution any lower than that( using MSPaint ). for future reference, whats the basic rule for an ideal resolution for importing rotoscope images?