sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hand and Foot constraints.

My journey starts with trying to get Shaggy to walk on his hands.

Of course, as hips and legs move, the hands want to move, but I want them to behave like feet.

I look into the Hand Targets, but it seems like in the models, the hand targets are not set up the same way the feet targets are, which just seem to work.

I try to look at other actions, and see that the stock action 'salute' seems to get gala's hand targets working, but I can't see how?

So how is setting up hand targets done? I don't have setting up constraints to other things, but I want the hands to act like feet, and not drift while the hips and legs and such are flailing above them.

Any guidance would be great, primarily how the hand constraints are working in the 'salute' action. I just can't seem to find them!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to switch ON the IK arms setup.

Assuming you have the Pose sliders in view - It's found under the Rig tab, expand the Setup "folder" and change IK Arms setup to ON.

And depending on what you want to do - you may need to turn off (set to 0) the Balance, Balance Rigid, Steady poses -and not sure also - but may need to turn off IK legs

You need to switch ON the IK arms setup.

Assuming you have the Pose sliders in view - It's found under the Rig tab, expand the Setup "folder" and change IK Arms setup to ON.

And depending on what you want to do - you may need to turn off (set to 0) the Balance, Balance Rigid, Steady poses -and not sure also - but may need to turn off IK legs

Thanks! Digging around, I found this, and its good to have confirmation. It makes sense to turn off the IK on the legs, too, which I sure didn't think of.

You may also find that it might be easier to rotate Snaggy-boy with the root bone first so that he's upside down, but keep the ik legs on, as well as ik arms on - ie make him walk in the air - I haven't really played with this but by exploring the options, I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you.