Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Eyes? Mouth?

Mr. Sax

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just an ignurnt new guy, but having tried the Collins tutorial, I have to say the one in the new David Rogers book is great. Rather than extruding a ring, reshaping in all three dimensions, and extruding again, and again, this one uses splines that roughly match the contour of the lips' or eyelids' profile, which are then lathed. So while, when you lathe it you get a vaguely drain- or sphincter-shaped result, you can rough it in pretty quickly from a front view as the depth geometry is already there. Working this way, in a more 2-d, painterly manner, has really helped me to start getting my head around spline geometry/manipulation.

So, what I'm saying is, still wrapping my head around all of this, the David Rogers book is making a lot of sense.

And David--if you're reading--keep in mind that I'm schilling left and right for you. Ahem. I'm also not yet posting works in progress so that my efforts don't negate any praise I heap upon the book. (What's the Abraham Lincoln quote about it being better to be thought an idiot than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt?)

Cheers

Mark