sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Baseball

I am working on a possible mini movie contest entry. The action takes place in a baseball game. I am attaching a short clip showing a possible opening shot where the camera flies in to center on the pitcher. I am also attaching a larger still that shows the lighting in better resolution.

I am looking for comments and critiques on the set and the lighting. The characters are not posed in anyway other than a pose that is not the standard T pose. When the camera zooms in the pitcher is very likely to be in a different pose and there will be more players on the field. Also, there be a little more detail on the field such as foul lines and markings on the outfield walls as well as some textures on the walls in foul ground.

This is my first work where I am developing my own lighting rather than using the default, so fire away.

Thanks,

Scott

Fly_In_Test.mov

post-4321-1151441678_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

An update. The players changed colors, I tried to make the lighting a little better and changed the camera angle a bit. Here is a clip where the pitcher gets his sign, check's the runner at second and then throws. Comments please, mostly on the animation. BTW, I am aware that he actually doesn't throw the ball, that is in the works, I've been concentrating on the pitching motion.

Later tonight I will post a version where he is viewed from the other side, for comparison.

Thanks!

Scott

Retimed_First_Pitch.zip