Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Squetch Rig and FACE

T-Dogg

I have been reading a lot on these forums. I see that this new Squetch Rig is being used in the TWO movie. The FACE setup also looks very powerful.

My question is: Are these new rigs going to be included with A:M13, or will they have to be gotten elsewhere like TSM?

Sorry I ask so many dumb newbie questions. I just figured that if these rigs are good enough for the Animation Masters to use on TWO, then that is what I would like to use as well when I finally get around to doing my own animations.

Thanks for your time.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading a lot on these forums. I see that this new Squetch Rig is being used in the TWO movie. The FACE setup also looks very powerful.

My question is: Are these new rigs going to be included with A:M13, or will they have to be gotten elsewhere like TSM?

Sorry I ask so many dumb newbie questions. I just figured that if these rigs are good enough for the Animation Masters to use on TWO, then that is what I would like to use as well when I finally get around to doing my own animations.

Thanks for your time.

Hey T-dogg

you can download the rig it's comes in 3 ( V11 V12 and V13 )

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=115795

hope that answered your question

Steve

Thanks Steve! I am downloading it now for v13.

I thought I read somewhere that this new rig was going to be replacing the 2001 rig as the A:M standard. Assuming this is true, doesn't that mean the models that come with A:M will have to be updated too? Then I guess TAoAM will likewise need an update.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work for Hash!!!! Is this going to be done for version 13, or will it happen in a later version? (I am hoping for version 13, since I bought the Yeti CD! :lol: )

From what I've read in the TWO forums, this new rig really rocks. I'm especially interested in the facial setup.

My download is complete, so now I have to go learn how to use it!

Most likely the existing models will be taken over by the TWO models at some stage (v14?). They'll then be updated bit by bit to the new rigs.

But there's nothing to stop there being two rigs with characters. The new one isn't as simple as the old one and so might be more daunting for newbies.

While the TWO models look outstanding, I would hate to see the old ones be removed.

You make a lot of sense about using 2 rigs. There's nothing wrong with the old rig from what little I've used it just from working the exercises in TAoAM. I've just been wanting to give the new one a try. Someday I hope to learn to do my own rigging.

The more I use A:M, the more I see how much I still have left to learn. At times it looks almost impossible, but I just gotta keep trying. I have wanted to make my own cartoons since I was a kid making phenakistoscopes out of paper plates. Now I am approaching 40 and finally have the means to make real, professional-level cartoons. Hopefully by the time I hit 50 I will know enough about this program to do it. :lol: