sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Decals again

oakchas

Well, I'm modeling 1:1 ratio. I've modeled a sheet of typing paper (8.5X11") (wow, exciting isn't it?) I have text to go on the paper as though typed.

the decal is cut off on the sides (only half of a line shows up) and the text doesn't reach to the middle of the page across when in the graphics program. So A:M's decaler is making the decal larger than it is and not getting all of it.

My settings in the graphics program are to build the sheet 8.5 X11" at 200 DPI resolution... is the resolution too high? is that what's doing it?

I realize that for PC video 72-90dpi is prolly sufficient. but I was kinda hoping for higher res for poster printing later..

I can post pix if that would help

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info. I'm using a Tga with alpha. as I will have a bump map for the indentations caused by the key hitting the paper.

I went back in to reapply, and A:M crashed. On restart, the Decal was all there after reloading it. Go figure.

I'm on 12.0 v+

But, I'm gonna have to do something more to make it appear crisp and clean as text from a typewriter would anyway