sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to have different points of a spline aligned to z (0)?

artistadj

Hi to all from Italy.

I hope someone can help me. I often model half a face and then I Copy/Flip/Attach. If the point of the central spline are not exactly in 0 (in X axis when I am in the front view) Copy/flip/attach sometimes doesn't work.

So my question is: how can I have all the points of a selected splines at exactly 0 in x axis?

I discovered that if all the points are in, for istance, 1cm and I select the spline and write 0 all the points move to 0. But if the points are not all in the same position in x axis (1 point at 1,01cm, 1 point at 1,04 etc...) it doesnt work.

Another question:

I need to export my models in polygons to work in other softwares. If I model with patches of 4 points everything is OK but if I model with patches of 5 points (very useful!) then my exported model is a mess and i cannot subdivide it.

Any trick? My solution for now is to export in OBJ format with 1 polygon per patch and then in Silo I have to delete the faces created in place of the patches with 5 points. Then i select the five vertex of the patch and create again the polygon. But is very annoying. I hope someone write a plugin that let AM export patches with 5 points in polygons of 5 points.

Thank you very much and excuse me for my english...

[attachmentid=15664]

post-4999-1143932230_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images