Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

mixing walk cycle on path with standing action

cribbidaj

With all the help on the forum I've managed to come up with a cool walk cycle along a path in a choreography. Thank you! Now, I'm mixing 3 different actions in the same choreography - character begins with the walk cycle (action 1), does a hopscotch move (action 2), then takes a few steps, turns, stops, and looks at a sign (action 3). How do I get the character to stop moving along the path as she looks at the sign (or how do I add an action to this character in the choreography that is NOT constrained to the path after she completes the actions I want constrained to the path)? Thanks.

Chris Walters

http://heartdancemusic.com/chriswalters.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The constraint to path is controlled by the enforcement. If you reduce the enforcement to 0, the character will no longer be constrained to the path. beware, when you reduce the enforcement to 0, the character will probably jump to where it qwas before the constraint was imposed. You should be able to move the character then.

The movement along the path is controlled by the ease. The ease can be keyframed, therefor you can apply holds to the ease, etc.

Checke the tutorials section of the forum, there was a tutorial for combining two actions.

I realize this isn't very detailed, but the general concepts are there.

Good Luck,

Scott